Based on global moon sighting inshaAllah the 1st Ramadan 1443H will be on SATURDAY APRIL 2nd, 2022
Zakat al Maal and Zakat al Fitr (Fitra)
Zakat on your wealth have specific rulings about whom they should be distributed. Also, as in the case of Zakat-al-Fitr(known as Fitra in India/Pakistan) how to distribute it. According to the Quran and Sunnah, the correct way to distribute Zakat-al-Fitr is for the food to reach the needy before the Salah of Eid.
This presents a big responsibility for the Masjid management to carry out on behalf of the community. Unfortunately this year we do not have the resources to be able to distribute the Fitra. You are advised to individually seek other resources locally or overseas that will distribute your zakat.
Any checks of Zakat in the masjid donations boxes will be returned or not deposited. Cash donations will be treated as regular sadaqah to the masjid.
Masjid Programs during the last 10 nights
This year we will have E’tikaaf in the masjid for bothers only, organized by Br. Qurram Pasha. All spots have been taken.
Brothers in E’tikaaf are reminded to fill out the form, if you have not, and ensure you abide by all the rules.
- Your intention must be sincere to do Itikaaf for only the pleasure of Allah.
- You will adhere to the itekaf instructions of the masjid as listed and any oral
- You are prepared to carry out whatever function is assigned to you in the keeping the area clean and tidy.
- You will not engage in any activity that will violate the Itikaaf or disturb the well-being of others in E’tikaaf.
- You must bring your own towels, toiletries, and portable bedding
- Avoid time-wasting and unnecessary talk which will disturb other M’takifeen
- Be respectful of others privacy in Ibadah
- You must attend the Itikaaf orientation and be part of any session(s) arranged during the Itikaaf.
- You will avoid inviting friends for food and tea during E’tikaaf.
- You will be asked to leave if you disturb the well-being of the E’tikaaf.
- Use of electronics is limited to communications as needed. No games are allowed.
Iftar and Suhoor
The masjid will provide Iftar and Suhoor stating Thursday, April 21 until the end of Ramadan.